Thursday, February 4, 2010

Bridal Accents Couture is pleased to announce that
Dessert Tables by Shauna Younge
Will be featured during this weekend’s Bridesmaid’s Event!

We were fortunate enough to meet Shauna and her gorgeous dessert display at the recent Bridal Party at the Depot, hosted by Minneapolis/Saint Paul Magazine.
Her lavender macaroon towers were love at first sight, and infatuation at first bite!
We asked Shauna to tell us a little more about herself and her desserts:


How did you get into this business?
My foray into the bridal industry was during my own wedding. I planned the entire event and realized that there were too many dietary considerations to pick one dessert for my guests. Instead, we decided to offer a variety of desserts for the guests to choose from, which worked well for my allergies, my father's diabetes, and my friend's gluten sensitivities. I noticed that more brides were facing similar issues and decided to combine my interests of design, color, and dessert to offer a unique, high-end dessert alternative.



What is unique about what you do?
The dessert tables I create are truly designed to represent the couple and their unique event. For each project, I create an inspiration board, sketch a design for the table and desserts, and incorporate crafts to further customize the display. To truly personalize the desserts on each table, I work with bakers and confectioners who specialize in one or two sweets. Specializing allows them to focus on the most minute details of each piece and experiment with unusual flavor combinations. I recently designed macaron towers that were much larger than any the baker had ever constructed. After supplying height and width specifications and color swatches, the baker was able to bring my design to life.

What are your favorite desserts?
I am head-over-heels right now for hand-painted chocolates. They're like little masterpieces. Each one showcases the chocolatier's personal touch and their commitment to perfection. I recently sampled a hand-painted truffle with a Moet and Chandon champagne filled center. It was amazing!


Color trends for Spring?
For Spring 2010, bright colors will be balanced with tried-and-true neutrals. Vibrant, warm red will add a punch to cool teal, while citrus-y orange will create a sunny vibe when combined with steel-y grey and crisp white. Spring's color trends inspired the palette I'm using to design the "Love" dessert table that will be featured at the "Love" trunk show. Red and pink seemed too predictable a palette for an event so near Valentine's Day, so I opted for true navy and various shades of pink. Together with a conservative tan, these two colors create a feminine feel without leaving the groom drowning in a sea of "girly" hues.



Price range of your services?
Each table I design is truly a new endeavor. Because of the high level of customization and attention to detail that I provide when designing a table, there is no set price list. In the past, I have created tables for $1,000 and beyond. This always includes a free consultation, inspiration board, design sketch, and set-up and tear-down for the event.

What are you bringing to the bridesmaid's event, and when?

For the "Love" bridesmaids trunk show, I will be displaying a dessert table based on the inspiration board I created. The board features Enzoani's B13 bridemaids dress in midnight blue. I translated the details of the inspiration board into a dessert table featuring a one-of-a-kind cupcake display, pink caramels, French nougat, and other custom sweets.
The table will be on display (and available for sampling)
Saturday, February 6th from 10 am - 4 pm.
The table will remain on display throughout February.
Links to Shauna Younge Desserts:

No comments:

Post a Comment